Screen Auto-Rotates When Running Game

Thomas.MDA 14:43 04 Jun 2017

Good day, folks.

I've got an issue with my Acer 10 Switch One tablet. I recently dusted off an old hard drive and felt like playing some games, so I copied EA's Freedom Fighters onto my Acer and launched the game. The EA and Nvidia logos come up on the screen just fine, but as soon as they end, the screen rotates 90 degrees clockwise, and stays like that even when I start or load any new or previously saved game. I tried running the exe. in XP compatibility, and I tried enabling Vsync, bit nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help. Cheers.

wee eddie 19:56 04 Jun 2017

I have no knowledge of this but assume that it is set to play in Landscape Mode rather than Portrait.

Thomas.MDA 23:49 04 Jun 2017

When in laptop mode the screen is automatically set to landscape. The game, however, rotates as if the screen was in portrait mode. Any suggested fixes?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)