my pc specification:
intel quad core Q6600
sapphire HD vapor-x 5770 1 gb memory
direct x 11
antec earthwatts 750 watts
windows 7 home premier
4 GB memory

i have small problem.

When i play far cry2 game,i can't move normally while i am playing.(in the game when i press forward,i move,than stop,than move than stop),keeps freezing for a short times,than move,than freeze ,on and on.

I changed the graphic setting,thinking this will solve this.but it is not

I used to have nvidia 640 mb 8800 gts,but it stopped working,with this graphic card i wouldn't have this problem.

i bought the (sapphire HD vapor-x 5770 1 GB).

Maybe the graphic setting is wrong.

I can play any other game normally(delta force xtreme2,call of duty,unreal tournament)

Kindly can you please tell me what is the normal setting,with very good frame rate.

I hope to hear from you very soon

My kindest regards
habib

gengiscant 09:23 14 Feb 2010

Is your game fully patched?

habs2habs 18:15 14 Feb 2010

hi gengiscant

thank you for your reply.

yes the game is fully patched,
chipset,and software of the graphic card is up to date.

I can play the game,but,i can't move normally,when i press forward.

move than stop,than move than stop,so on

I even bought new power supply(antec earthwatts 750 watts)fantastic psu.

i hope to hear from you all very soon

My kindest regards
habs2habs

mrwoowoo 21:37 14 Feb 2010

Have you tried the advice i gave in your other post?
Which was.....

If you are using ready boost with a usb memory stick then unplug it.
Another solution is to Open the console while playing the game by pressing the ~ button on your keyboard ( next to enter) or the button above 'tab'on your keyboard.

Then type gfx_maxfps 30 and press return.
If it works you can always try raising the framerate a bit afterwards.

mrwoowoo 21:48 14 Feb 2010

Are you being affected by malaria?
If you don't take the Malaria tablets your characters movement is seriously effected.
It's a long time since i played it though, so i'm not sure exactly how it hampered your characters movement.

habs2habs 07:03 15 Feb 2010

Hi,mrwoowoo

please give me sometimes,i will do it on weekend,and will let you know with the result.

i can't do it before,before i come back from work very late.

mrwoowoo:no i haven't been affected by malaria

thank you for your kindest reply

habs2habs

habs2habs 18:34 21 Feb 2010

hi everyone

i am really getting fed up with far cry2.

i had updated the BIOS to the latest version,and the software of the graphic card is up to date.

everytimes i tried to play far cry2,it keeps freezing than moving,on and on.

the technical support from sapphire,keeps asking me to update the bios to fix my problem.

as i said before i already updated the bios,and graphic card software,nothing worked,the same as before.

i tried different games(battlestrike force of resistance.delta force xtreme2,crysis warhead,crysis)all worked well.nothing happened as far cry2.

mrwoowoo:i tried your advise,by typing:

gfx_maxfps 30 and press return,than changing the number up and down.nothing worked,the same things as before.

can anybody tell me what is happening please?..

i hope to hear from you very soon

my kindest regards
habs2habs

ronalddonald 07:25 07 Mar 2010

updated the sapphire drivers again and see, is loaded from a cd or has the game been downloaded. Have you checked the cd itself for any scratches

Kevscar1 08:22 07 Mar 2010

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling, perhaps you have corrupted files. Then install any patches.

click here

habs2habs 10:46 07 Mar 2010

thank you all for all the reply i received from you.

to be honest Kevscar,i don't want to uninstall and than re-install far cry2,i already finished about 10 missions,i don't want to repeat them from the beginning.

the far cry2 is fully patches.

i wrote to click here(website to far cry2 game),and to sapphire website(explaining my problem),and i followed everything,from there reply

example:reduce the resolution of the game,etc...
i wrote as well to (novatech technical support),from where i bought the graphic card from,

all were extremely helpfull(ubi,sapphire,novatech),all of them told me there is problem with the graphic card,and i need to replace it,or change it.

i am trying to replace it to the same sapphire vapor-x 1GB 5770,but i am afraid to have the same problem.

what do you think please?
i really like this graphic card.

i hope to hear from you very soon

My kindest regards
habs2habs

gengiscant 10:56 07 Mar 2010

As 'Kevscar' said you could reinstall the game with all patches,but before you do copy your saves from here:C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Crytek\Far Cry\Profiles\player\default\savegames or hereC:\Users\Name\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 2\Saved Games (user name being you)Then copy them back to the correct folder and you will not have to redo your missions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Aardman's new YouTube channel to share the work of independent animators

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017