Playstation1

gengiscant 12:09 13 Jun 2009

Well it has arrived,unfortunately as it was second hand the user manual was missing.
I have got it going on my old TV and have started playing Alien Trilogy,which was the first game I played in any format.The memories are flooding back.

I would love to get it gong on my Bush 26" TV model LT26M1CA but haven't figured that out yet,if anyone has any advice,I would be grateful.

mrwoowoo 23:27 13 Jun 2009

You should have yellow, red, and white jacks on the back of your tv. Yyour ps1 should have the same colored cables which you just plug into the corresponding colors.
Then tune your tv to the correct channel.
May be aux 1 or 2 or RGB,not too sure.Just cycle through your tv input with your remote.

gengiscant 01:27 14 Jun 2009

You are mistaken,the Playstation comes with a RFU adapter for connection to the PC,the cable you speak of is an alternative which needs to be purchased separately.
Might just do that anyway.
On my old TV I pressed aux to get the correct channel,my 32 incher remote does not have this,and I have tried every button.
thanks anyway.

Kevscar1 10:06 14 Jun 2009

Have you got a source button. That is what I use on my remote.
You may need to go into the main menu and scan when the Playstaion is plugged in and on. Thats what I had to do to get my PC recognised.

Armchair 10:37 14 Jun 2009

Do you have a SCART cable for it? That's what I use.the one I have can be connected to a PS!, Xbox, or Gamecube.

Btw, I just bought a couple of PS1 games the other day, from Gamestation. Driver and Driver 2, 5 pence each.

gengiscant 11:26 14 Jun 2009

Thanks all.
Kevscar,
will have a look at what you suggest.
Armchair,
have got a couple of alternate cables comming from ebay,so will try what you suggest.

dagnammit 11:17 15 Jun 2009

You've got me all nostalgic now and I've just placed a bid for a Sega Master System II.

gengiscant 12:34 15 Jun 2009

Good for you.

I'm thinking dreamcast next,in saying that I did only play 1 game on a borrowed one,a Resident evil game if I remember.

At the moment I am try to get the games I played and loved.Tombraider,Resident evil,Alone in the dark,etc etc.
Happy days.

Rigga 20:54 15 Jun 2009

I guess there is something to be said for the real thing, but how about these?

PS1 > click here <

Master System > click here <

Dreamcast > click here <

Decent emulators and pretty much free.

R.

Armchair 09:22 16 Jun 2009

Re. Dreamcast. I owned one. Traded it in years ago. Don't miss it, apart from one game called Mr Driller. If I ever see the PS1 version for a quid or two, I'll buy that.

ALl I really use my PSOne for is the Williams compilation (ie Defender, Robotron 2084 etc.).

dagnammit 12:01 16 Jun 2009

No comparison I'm afraid.

Won that auction for 99p, with £5 postage. Arrived this morning and I just had a blast on Alex Kidd that's built into the console.

Not Sonic which I originally had but hey... I just bought another controller, Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 and I'm watching Ninja Gaiden, yep the original 1990 game.... loved it.

(my wife thinks I'm insane)

Who thinks there xbox 360 or PS3 will still be working at nearly 20 years old?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?