Pc has high ping when turned on last.

Jrobbins 12:42 29 Mar 2017

So my girlfriend and I both have a desktop each, situated next to each other connected to the same network. However whenever mine is turned on after hers my ping skyrockets to around 400-500 where as usually it sits at about 32-35. My first thought was that she was running some program that took up a lot of bandwidth in the background, but when we checked she had hardly anything running at all, so I'm at a bit of a loss. I've restored my pc to try to clean up the files, but it hasn't made much of a difference if any. And our router (Sky) doesn't allow me to add any QOS options. Any advice or possible fixes would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?