OutRun Coast to Coast PC

iqs 13:29 22 Aug 2008

Just bought the for £4.50 with postage,not a classic but still worth the dosh.

I was playing the original OutRun in the arcades over 20 years ago..

The game might be old,graphics not as good(I have a BFG 8800GT OC) as the PS2 or XBOX versions,but it has something more important.....its so much fun.

The cars handling is not that realistic,I like games like this.I owned GRID,but gave up due to the very realistic car controls.

I have stopped playing COD4,its all OutRun now.

What do the forum members think of this game,can you recommend a similar game please.

Cheers

Colin 15:08 22 Aug 2008

Hi, iqs.

click here

I play Flat Out 2 daily and never get tired of it. It's about as realistic as an episode of Casualty, but I prefer the arcade type game to simulation. I couldn't get on with GRID either.

iqs 16:08 22 Aug 2008

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the suggestion.I'm glad I'm not the only one who found GRID difficult.
Like you I prefer the arcade approach to games.Most modern games are to difficult and require you to master to many controls,well accept for COD4.
Cheers

wolfie3000 17:43 22 Aug 2008

Im the same when it comes to games, i prefer just to be able to jump straight into the game.

As you say many newer FPS games have become more tactically based and require the player to spend hours training rather letting you just play the game.

If your after a good driving game with and arcade feel then you cant go wrong with Trackmania nations.

click here

Its alot of fun and even comes with a track editor so you can create your own tracks.

wolfie3000 17:46 22 Aug 2008

Oh i should also point out its totally free.

Heres a video of ingame footage.

click here

iqs 20:04 22 Aug 2008

Thanks wolfie3000,will download it now,looks brill from the video,cheers

cluckinbell 16:50 23 Aug 2008

GRID has a steep learning curve but its 100% worth sticking with it and getting control, because its such good fun when you are in a proper dog fight against other good drivers.

iqs 20:32 23 Aug 2008

Thanks cluckinbell

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone