New version of the PSP

GRIDD 09:22 02 Oct 2008

"PSP-3000 launching in Europe, Middle East, Australia and New Zealand from October 15, 2008, there has never been a better time for PSP."

click here

Also known as the PSP Brite it has a much improved screen, double the response rate of the 2000 (lite), a PS button like the PS3 has, a built in mic and an update to the UMD ring on the back.....

it was rumoured to have extra ports but I can't find it mentioned anywhere now.

wolfie3000 19:04 02 Oct 2008

I was expecting a newer flashier design, it looks exactly like my psp apart from the memory card port.

The new memory card slot looks fragile, i wouldn't be surprised if many get broke, the old design with the rubber cover is a much better idea, more durable.

I like the idea of a mic, but the only practicle use for it would be instant messaging and lets face it they need to work alot harder on the current messenger service on the psp.

Maybe its a step closer to merging a phone into the psp or voip.

Im curious as to what extra ports will be on it, maybe there will be more scope for third party hardware for this new psp such as a television tuner or bluetooth, who knows but i will be keeping a keen eye on the latest news on this new psp.

Arthur Scrimshaw 21:55 02 Oct 2008

big a flop as the original

Si_L 01:55 04 Oct 2008

41 million sales doesn't sound like a flop to me.

Arthur Scrimshaw 10:12 04 Oct 2008

over 80 million DS sales it does

Arthur Scrimshaw 10:15 04 Oct 2008

we have 2 psps in our house, both are sitting in drawers and I can't remember the last time they were used. It's that old problem of a potentially good system let down by poor software titles.

Arthur Scrimshaw 10:25 04 Oct 2008

that UMD system, another example of Sony trying to control how customers could use their systems and backing a format that has been made obsolete by non disc based storage systems (sorry can't think of the correct term) just like the minidisc - remember that one? I'm sure Sony would like to bury UMD but can't.

GRIDD 10:41 04 Oct 2008

I'm thinking of buying one.

GRIDD 22:54 04 Oct 2008

But of an update...

The old one should be getting a price cut.

Si_L 11:54 05 Oct 2008

The DS has done well. Doesn't mean that the PSP is a flop though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?