New gaming computer but should I wait?

nathan.scase 09:38 19 Apr 2016

I want to get a new gaming desktop computer as my current one won't cut the mustard anymore. I was told it might be worth investing in a PC from Overclockers (around the £1500 price range). The same person said it may be worth waiting until AMD release their new products. So should I wait for the new stuff or go for news PC soon? I plan on using the PC for games such as Total War.

mart7 17:53 19 Apr 2016

If you want the latest gear you will wait forever,just buy something thats the latest spec

Old Deuteronomy 20:20 19 Apr 2016

As suggested by Mart7 above, just go for it and buy the latest gear available now. The pace of progress in PCs is such that whenever you buy a new PC, there will always be something better coming, in the next few months, or sooner and you don't want to wait forever.

thomaslsmith90 12:40 23 May 2016

I would suggest to wait got GTX 1000 series because as per Nvidia they are one third the price of TITAN X and 3 times in performance. That is something

Govan1x 14:43 23 May 2016

If he has not answered in 6 weeks it is senseless posting any more comments as he obviously is not interested.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone