My son needs advice about a problem.

Forum Editor 23:44 22 Sep 2009

I can't help - my lack of knowledge when it comes to computer games is legendary - but I'm hoping someone here will have an answer.

He was given Lego Star Wars the complete answer as a gift for his Wii, and he finds that it freezes on level two. Whatever he does he can't get past that point. Apparently it's a fairly common problem - does anyone know of a fix?

wolfie3000 12:20 23 Sep 2009

Also i expect you have already done this but with all games that require a disc try making sure the game disc isn't scratched or dirty, even the smallest of dirt can affect a game.

Forum Editor 17:11 23 Sep 2009

about turning the Wii on its side - I've passed it on. I had already mentioned the clean disc thing to my son, so that's not the answer.

There seem to be quite a few people who have encountered the same problem, so it's looking like a possible software bug.

dagnammit 22:45 23 Sep 2009

we have a lot of other consoles.

A bug of this nature is usually fixed by:

Resetting the console and deleting any install data and the game save. (If it's only level 2 he hasn't lost much)

Exchanging the disk for a new one... as it's a game breaking bug.

Forum Editor 23:59 23 Sep 2009

Thanks, but....

Lots of other people are experiencing the same bug - I doubt that a disc change would make a difference.

dagnammit 10:31 24 Sep 2009

It could be from a faulty batch of disks or the game could have been updated and then sent to press again. So a new disk may work.

I know with Playstation for example the BLES code changes depending on when/where you bought the game. When buying DLC you have to check the code as the DLC may not work with first releases and so on.

Your son should still try my first suggestion of deleteing game save, any install data and reset the console.

Forum Editor 23:37 26 Sep 2009

My son tried your tip, and has just called me to say that it worked perfectly. He asked me to pass on his thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?