My Camera Spins in Some Games

Papachips 13:20 19 Jan 2015

So recently i acquired Portal 2 and after taking control of the character the camera looked up and started spinning in circles. This also happened at the start of Saints Row IV after the cutscene. It seems to only happen with newer games because I don't get this problem with the Half-Lifes, Portal 1 and TF2. I also think this is happening with games that are viewed from first person, since I recently played Assassin's Creed 2, and nothing happened.

I am playing these games with a wired mouse and the keyboard on my laptop. Note that my laptop does meet the minimum specs of all these games. I have tried using different mice and uninstalling them. The games have been downloaded and bought from Steam, I have also tried disabling the Steam overlay. Re-installing the games doesn't seem to work either. I have found other people online with the same problem and they fixed it by uninstalling synergy, which I never had in the first place.

So do any of you guys know how to fix this? Any help is greatly appreciated. I have thought of buying a cheap 360 controller on Amazon, would this work?

Thanks

martd7 14:30 21 Jan 2015

I had the same problem in the latest Tomb Raider,only way I could solve it was change the mouse,but it was only that game,I have a 360 controller works fine with bf4,cod ghosts,fifa 14,crysis3,saints row 3,call of juarez,other than fifa I prefer mouse and keyboard

Papachips 23:37 23 Jan 2015

Thanks, the new Tomb Raider game was actually one that I was hoping to get, did the 360 controller work with it?

Papachips 21:20 25 Jan 2015

Nevermind, I got it fixed. Had to diable controller

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?