The Moment of Silence

Khyron 03:11 25 Mar 2010

Does anyone know if there is anyway at all to play this game on a Vista pc. I have tried everything I can think of, been on different forums and sites trying to find driver updates for the english (UK) version of the game but there doesn't seem to be any. Will installing it on an external drive make a difference. Alot of my other (older) games work with vista but not this one. Any help or ideas would be welcomed.

mrwoowoo 16:15 25 Mar 2010

Try installing this patch, which fixes protection issues that are due to the game using an old version of Starforce protection.
click here

mr simon 21:17 19 May 2010

Have you tried running it in compatibility mode?

tootiefrootie 16:51 21 May 2010

why not change you OS?

click here

defendor 19:17 28 May 2010

I'm also having a problem with this game. I've just bought The Moment of Silence and I'm having problems getting it to run. When I try to open the game, I get a Star Force protection error that indicates that it won't run with Vista. I am currently running Vista 64bit on a quad-core processor. I have tried opening it in compatibility mode but to no avail.

click here

Ray-192145 14:21 26 Aug 2010

I am also having trouble loading this game,I tried the link supplied but keep getting an error message that the link is broken,any ideas.suggestions please? Iam running XP Pro with SP3.
Cheers

citadel 23:01 26 Aug 2010

i remember disabling starforce to get games to work. long time ago, xp it was in hidden devices, non plug and play devices i think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?