Mirrors Edge

retep888 03:26 21 Feb 2009

It might be the first time I ever seen a PS3 version of a game is cheaper than the PC counterpart.

PS3 £17.99 click here

PC £26.99 click here

I know it'll be playing much better on my PC than my PS3 but the cheaper PS3 price is a temptation.

Anyone actually played either version and can give me some ideas? Please don't give me a Youtube link,hate those. :-)

Kevscar1 08:54 21 Feb 2009

Demo here

click here's-Edge---E3-2008:-Demo-

Kevscar1 08:56 21 Feb 2009

try this

click here

Rob_08 12:49 21 Feb 2009

Its a strange little game.. I've been playing it for a week or so on the Pc, and while it looks and runs fantastic i cant decide if i actually like it very much ,Its pretty unusual !!

wolfie3000 04:26 22 Feb 2009

Iv played the demo and it looks awesome especially with the physX card running.

But the game is a little to weird for my tastes.

As for the price, seems us pc gamers have to pay more which is never good.

Give it a few months the price will drop.

retep888 01:25 23 Feb 2009

The demo plays stunningly well with my 2 gtx280 in sli with the latest driver updated,but I still think it doesn't justify the extra cost over the PS3 counterpart.

I'll do as wolfie3000 suggested,wait a little while for it to drop down and spend the saving on this nice little game on PS3 :-)

click here

mrwoowoo 23:12 22 Mar 2009

Totally agree.Can't decide either.
Run,jump,grab climb,slide,run some more etc.
Looks good in a quirky sort of way but a bit repetitive.Basically a platformer in the first person.
Like disarming the guards and gun butting them and shooting off a few rounds.But that's short lived as it's not the way the game wants you to play.
Still,hats off for trying something different and it very nearly works well.
I'm on chapter five so plenty of play time yet.

Sillyconchip 13:48 25 Mar 2009

I tried playing Mirrors edge but i just found it a bit wierd, surely the idea of a game about a street runner is that you can actually see some really stunning moves preformed, but because it's in the first person, you just seem to get seaa sick from seeing to many dodgy camer angles!

retep888 02:37 16 May 2009

Mirror's edge finally came down to £14.98 on Gameplay click here ,bought one and started playing, strange game but a bit like TombRaider type but on the street and rooftop rather than inside caves or tombs,first person rather than third.

Do you have bandings on top and bottom of your screen? I found that the higher the resolution the lesser bandings(thickness).

mrwoowoo 19:24 16 May 2009

No banding on my display.
Started at 1280 x 1024 and then 1440x900 without banding. Although i only have a 19" wide screen monitor.
Have you chosen a standard display resolution instead of a widescreen one or vise versa?
Mind you,1280 x 1024 isn't wide screen but i still didn't get any banding with it....Strange.

retep888 00:52 18 May 2009

I've bandings(letterbox) thru' all resolution settings,and I found out that only the native resolution of 2560x1600 resulting the least bandings.

And I don't recall I'd this problem when I played the demo with the then Gtx280 Sli,it only occurred after I upgraded to these Gtx295 QuadSli
but the weirdest thing is that it's the only game that suffers this.

It may be because of driver issue(I've the latest one already) since I also noticed some artefact particularly the flaking blue colour.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone