I need a cheap but high performing gaming PC.

JayW99 15:21 27 Jul 2017

I currently own a Mac and I want to get the Oculus Rift and Touch, I am trying to find a cheap but still high-performing gaming PC, although I don't have a budget, I don't have a lot of money and I need the cheapest one possible for the Oculus Rift and Touch.

martd7 17:26 27 Jul 2017

Cheap and high performance doesn't equate

You need to set yourself a budget,and see how good a pc you can purchase within your budget

Do you need a monitor as well?

Menzie 17:31 27 Jul 2017

To be honest if VR is what you're after buying a cheap gaming PC is not recommended.

It won't have the performance required to render multiple images at the high framerate required. If a decent framerate isn't given for VR it can cause nausea, not to mention dampen your experience somewhat.

Exactly what sort of budget do you have set out for this?

Forum Editor 22:42 27 Jul 2017

Moved to the Games forum from Tech Helproom.

Carri0n 13:32 16 Aug 2017

look at aliexpress :D cheap and high performance but low quality

nickx89 13:40 18 Aug 2017

Look for the AMD's product as they provide more power in tight budget.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie