I don't think my graphics card is working properly?

bazingaking77 18:40 04 Jan 2015

I'm not sure, but I think my graphics card isnt being properly detected/working. This is because when I start up Assassins creed 4, even on the menus I get about 10fps, and on Minecraft, medium settings and I get about 45fps. Red Faction: Guerilla is about 45fps. my specs are: OS: Windows 7 Home Premium RAM: 16gb DDR3 1600 Mhz Processor: Intel i7-4790 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81MS2H Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 970

Also, when I start up Nvidia Control Panel, I get the message: "Nvidia Display Settings are not available.

You are not currently using a display attached to an Nvidia GPU."

Please help because I am sure this PC should be able to do more than this and I'm not sure how to get this working. Thanks in Advance!

bazingaking77 21:58 04 Jan 2015

I looked and Im not sure which port connects to the graphics card, and the monitor only came with a VGA and an HDMI cable and what looks like some sort of adaptor for thr VGA cable that fits into one of the ports in the back, is that what I need to do?

bazingaking77 22:01 04 Jan 2015

Having a closer look, I'm now not sure if the adaptor thing fits into anything in the back, and have noticed it says msi on it, but I'm not sure if I need it or not?

HackedIT 58 22:43 04 Jan 2015

You could try opening up your PC case and check if your graphics card has been inserted properly or try disconnecting it and connecting it again.

Also check if your wires are plugged in properly.

bazingaking77 00:14 05 Jan 2015

Ok after looking I found out that the adapter thing I think is a VGA to DVI-D 18+1 pin single link (I have no idea what this means). I found a port in the back that said Dvi-D on it, but it doesnt fit. What should I do?

bazingaking77 16:19 05 Jan 2015

I've fixed it! I put the HDMI in the wrong port, and they had built it so the cable almost didnt fit so I had to slightly force it in but now it works! Thanks for the help!! :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?