how do I become a game club member

alpalok 01:28 11 Mar 2009

I would like to become a game club member. How do I become one ? I did not find any link for that. Could you pl help me ?

Sincerely,

Dr Alok Modi MD

wolfie3000 01:50 11 Mar 2009

When you say game club member do you mean the shop called game?

Or do you mean joining a guild or clan?

Iv never noticed the shop having a club of any sort.
But if you are looking to join a guild or clan in an online game then that's pretty straight forward.

First pick a game that you enjoy playing online,
Then once online in the game chat to fellow players,

Most will be happy to take you on as a guild or clan member,

Most guilds or clans have rules that you will need to follow like no smack talking to other players in game and so on.

But i think im getting slightly ahead of myself here,
Please could you be more specific when you say game club member, provide a link to the website if there is one or any other details as to which club specificly you mean.

alpalok 02:27 11 Mar 2009

Dear Wolfie
When you see the PC advisor site it says that the regular price of the game is £ 12 , but for game club members it is £3.00 So I wanted to find out how does one become a game club member.

Dr Alok Modi MD

wolfie3000 06:50 12 Mar 2009

Iv had a look round the site and i cant find what your on about,
Maybe a ember of the PCA staff can shed some light on it.

crosstrainer 15:02 16 Mar 2009

I think you mean the small programme that is installed via the cover disc? You would need a copy of the cover dvd for this.

Have not used it myself.

RickyC :-) 15:36 16 Mar 2009

Hi alpalok,
Thanks for your posting, I'm looking into this on your behalf and will post back on the forum (and email you directly) as soon as I've discovered how to activate a Game Club membership.

I know it's possible, because we've had a large number of readers and website users who've become members... I just need to find out for myself now!

kind regards

Richard
Software Editor

wolfie3000 23:03 16 Mar 2009

Just out of interest what is this game club, that you speak of?

alpalok 03:43 17 Mar 2009

I am happy I started an avid discussion on the subject and I hope this reaches out to most of the PC Advisor readers so more people can become game club members. Also there should be a link in the games section on how to become a games club member. I will wait for your answer Richard
Thanks

wolfie3000 02:59 18 Mar 2009

Ok so from what i understand thats the games you can buy once your a member?

I have to say that the games seem dated and that you can get better games for free.

Charging £12.99 for a game that most flash sites offer for free seems a bit overpriced.

I will pass on this, especially hen there are sites like shockwave and miniclip that offer better games for free.

Bob The Blob 14:07 18 Mar 2009

I can't believe they want you to pay for these games!!!!

wolfie3000 16:13 18 Mar 2009

I know, if anyone's looking for a free version of a specific type of game then yellow envelope me,

Il be more than happy to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone