Has anyone played the free online MMORPG game TERA Rising?

Graphicool1 14:33 22 Aug 2013

Has anyone played the free online MMORPG game TERA Rising? The graphics and gameplay look good. I'm thinking about giving it a look...CLICK HERE

Chronos the 2nd 16:47 22 Aug 2013

Never once played a MMORPG or rather not for any length of time anyway. Really not into magic and swords.

Something like Fallout 3 would have made a decent MMORPG in my opinion but there again I do not even play multiplay shooters either.

Graphicool1 18:14 22 Aug 2013

Live a little, die alot, or if you get good, kill a lot. This is what they seem to be all about. Can be boring, like world of Warcraft. Personally I prefer games with a quest and I like swords, bows and magic. It is escapism after all. Otherwise you might as well play Sims.

Mr Mistoffelees 20:18 22 Aug 2013

I've given-up on MMOs and am currently playing Skyrim, having recently got the 3 DLCs. Will be a long time before I look for something else to play, especially as I also have Oblivion. May be tempted back to MMO playing depending on how ESO looks like after it is released. Not going to jump straight in there as I think it may be too PVP oriented for my liking. I looked at the Tera website but, it failed to tempt me.

Graphicool1 10:35 23 Aug 2013

Mr Mistoffelees

I hear what you're saying and I can't say I disagree entirely. I've played 'Skyrim', although not 'Oblivion'. It's a superb offline game, I just hope it's as good when the launch it online next year. They talk the talk, we can only hope that they're not just blowing in the wind. For me 'Red Dead Redemption' was just as good online as it was off. If that can deliver, I see no reason why 'Skyrim' can't.

As far as MMO's are concerned 'Red Dead Redemption', was my first toe in the water. Up until then I'd only played offline. But when I learnt that 'Elder Scrolls' were to be launched online I thought that perhaps I should get some experience so I'm ready for it, if it's any good!.

As I've said before I'm not used to using a mouse and keyboard, it makes me feel cack-handed, after using a game pad. It just feels so wrong. I remember you saying that you have to use a keyboard, because of your thumb. But I think I've been spoilt having been weened on a game pad, as it were.

Chronos the 2nd 15:25 23 Aug 2013

I tried and finished Skyrim and unfortunately I found it the most boring game I have ever played, that is until Bioshock Infinite.

but with Skyrim is was go to a tomb,fight your way through the tomb, fight boss,rinse and repeat. Even when I maxed out a bow it did not get any better using hundreds of arrows to kill a dragon. I could have slept whilst doing that.

Nope give me a shotgun and a sniper rifle and I will take on the world.

Hope you enjoy Elder Scrolls online when it eventually comes out.

Graphicool1 17:42 23 Aug 2013

So do I.

Cheers G1

Mr Mistoffelees 19:56 23 Aug 2013

I play Skyrim in a very different way. I can spend hours wandering around, collecting plants for potions or just exploring, looking in caves or ruins that are new to me, just because there are so many hidden away all over the game. Rarely do I ever get on with quests without being side-tracked. Being able to play it in relaxed way, that suits me, is one of Skyrim's most appealing features.

As for MMORPGs, not only do developers keep on making them easier, with the emphasis only on endgame and PVP but, community in MMO games seems to be deteriorating all round, such that I am much happier playing alone. I also have mental health issues, which can make group play problematic.

Rather than ESO, which will have to be special to tempt me, I am looking forward to TES VI and resigned to a long wait.

rungms 23:57 02 Nov 2013

is indeed one of the best mmorpg

rungms 23:59 02 Nov 2013

but is pay to play mmorpg

Graphicool1 12:17 04 Nov 2013

Hi rungms

Thanx for the link...

"is indeed one of the best mmorpg, but is pay to play"

Yes, per month and you'll have to pay twice if you play through Xbox. They have said that they are trying to get Microsoft to not charge. But they don't hold out much luck on that score.

Still, I'm well into TERA Rising now and that's free to play. You can pay if you want, if you do they give you a few perks. You can also buy things to use in the game.

If you haven't tried TERA, it's alot like WoW, but far, far better. Which from my knowledge of WoW, isn't that difficult.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Comment créer un compte PayPal pour payer en ligne ?