Graphic Card Assistance is Required

rashidaliamjad 17:53 18 Oct 2013

Hi, Guys u can check my system specs in the attached dxdiag screenshot. Currently I have NVIDIA Geforce GTX 460, but I installed it like 2-3 yrs ago, and now when I play games like arkham city, the game crashes like after every 5-10 min. when I play Assassins Creed Revelations Multiplayer, I get lag not due to internet, but system performance. Could you please suggest me some good graphic card. I have never used ATi cards, so have no experience in them so I prefer nVidia. My budget is 150 GBP. at max. Please respond soon. I want to buy and install a new graphic card before arkham origins is released I.e. 25th October . Other games I would like to play are Assassins Creed Black Flag, Watch Dogs, Castlevania 2, Thief etc.

I want a card with which I can play the games I mentioned above with best performance, if not maximum. please give me suggestion asap. Thanx

here is my dxdiag: DXDIAG and Power Supply: Power Supply

Mr Mistoffelees 10:44 19 Oct 2013

An nVidia GTX 660 is about as good as you will get within your budget, i.e. something like: this.

martd7 21:38 19 Oct 2013

I agree with Mr m

i have one of these on advice and its quite superb,certain retailers include Batman Arkham origins free with the graphics cards see here

click here

mrwoowoo 23:27 19 Oct 2013

I think you may be a bit premature. Have you checked that your GPU or CPU are not overheating? It could be that you need to give your PC a good dust out. Try downloading MSI afterburner MSI which is a free program that will show your GPU and CPU temperatures etc. If you do get the 660 I can confirm that it's a good card. It plays BF3 on ultimate settings. And I got away with playing BF4 Beta on ultra although your CPU may limit you.

octimus 11:33 21 Oct 2013

GTX760 Ti, the gtx7xx generation is pretty good

Mr Mistoffelees 14:26 21 Oct 2013

octimus, there is no such card at the moment and the GTX 760 is well over budget.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?