Gaming PC+keyboard&monitor - budget 1200 dollars

AntonRahbek 19:35 20 May 2017
Answered

I'm helping my friend build a gaming desktop from scratch, our budget is 1200$ or below. With that money we need a monitor & keyboard too.

Were in Denmark, so please don't send links to discount on American sites. We have to pay 25% extra on all parts, so maybe keep the price around 900-1000 dollars.

I've actually found a computer build by Shark Gaming that is just within our budget, here are the specs, tell me what you think (please tell me if I should consider building it myself with some other parts):

Monitor: ASUS VP228T 21.5" LCD Keyboard: Ozone Blade Cabinet: Corsair Carbide Series 100R Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0 GHz Motherboard: ASUS H110M-A/M.2 Graphics card: MSI GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti AERO ITX 4G OC RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 8GB (2x4GB) 2133Mhz DDR4 PSU: Corsair VS450 Network card: ASUS PCE-N15 300Mbit Wireless PCI-E Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB Cooler (processor): Intel Stock Køler OS: Windows 10 Home - 64 bit Engelsk Extras: AntivirusKaspersky Internet Security - 3 Months + SharkGaming Bonus-pack

AntonRahbek 19:38 20 May 2017

I'm helping my friend build a gaming desktop from scratch, our budget is 1200$ or below. With that money we need a monitor & keyboard too.

Were in Denmark, so please don't send links to discount on American sites. We have to pay 25% extra on all parts, so maybe keep the price around 900-1000 dollars.

I've actually found a computer build by Shark Gaming that is just within our budget, here are the specs, tell me what you think (please tell me if I should consider building it myself with some other parts):

Monitor: ASUS VP228T 21.5" LCD

Keyboard: Ozone Blade

Cabinet: Corsair Carbide Series 100R

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0 GHz

Motherboard: ASUS H110M-A/M.2

Graphics card: MSI GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti AERO ITX 4G OC

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 8GB (2x4GB) 2133Mhz DDR4

PSU: Corsair VS450

Network card: ASUS PCE-N15 300Mbit Wireless PCI-E

Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB

Cooler (processor): Intel Stock Køler

Extras: AntivirusKaspersky Internet Security - 3 Months + SharkGaming Bonus-pack

Archonar 20:42 20 May 2017

That pc looks reasonably good, I would recommend you look at builds in your price range on a website called pcpartpicker, they will give you an idea of what people get for the price.

Forum Editor 22:27 20 May 2017

Moved to the games forum from Tech helproom.

Menzie 03:35 22 May 2017

That is mostly a decent build but for future proofing I'd really go with 16GB of RAM and a video card with at least 6GB of RAM if the budget allows.

I have a 4GB GPU in my current PC and some games now are starting to use more VRAM even at 1080p.

Likewise with system memory, many games are now being coded as 64-Bit so can access way more than 4GB. As a result the games are getting bigger and more memory intensive and that is before you even factor in Windows running on top.

AntonRahbek 19:48 31 May 2017
Answer

With help from another forum, I've managed to make a new build, tell me what you think!

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1400

Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350-plus

RAM: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Graphics card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 460 4GB

Cabinet: NZXT S340

PSU: XFX P1-500B-XTFR 500W

Wireless Network Card: ASUS PCE-N15

Monitor: Benq GL2460HM

Keyboard: ASUS Ceberus

Total: ~1234USD (This might seem a lot, but it's a good deal taking into account that I'm situated in Denmark) Thanks, -Anton click here ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... click here ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... click here ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie