Games running very slow recently

mynamesbrad 21:09 11 Jan 2014

I have a pc that I use mainly for gaming, usually it runs everything on the best setting with no trouble. It has an intel i7 3770 12gb ram, and a geforce gtx 660ti. Anyone know why its struggling to run games on the average graphics all of a sudden?

nickf 22:03 11 Jan 2014

When was the last time you gave it a thorough clean ? Also, do you use the g force experience application? .

mynamesbrad 16:33 12 Jan 2014

Gave it a clean about 3 days a go, was still bad before that didn't improve at all. Yes i do

nickf 17:27 12 Jan 2014

Ok , that's not so good , means its not going to be simple How old is your GPU ? It sounds like you will have done the obvious stuff , as a precaution I would reseat the GPU after cleaning connections to power and MoBo . Use Gforce to check drivers . Have you ever benchmarked your system ? if you have try again with the same benchmark test and compare results . If not ou could try using one and comparing results with other similar systems . EVGA make an app called precision X , which you can use to clock your GPU , to test it . I think the most likely candidates are either GPU or maybe PSU. TO eliminate a software issue , you could try restoring back to a point before this problem started .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?