Flight Simulator X

stevie Boy 316 21:39 25 Dec 2008

Had FSX for Xmas - Loaded it onto my VISTA based system which is fully compatible both graphically & RAM speed etc.. but each time I try and open the program it starts the splash screen then tells me that the program has stopped working and closes the program.

I have been on Microsoft website and they tell me to change the way my system starts i.e all processes will not start as normal so No Internet, No Sound no nothing. This allows me to open the program and play it in all it's glory but no sound no online gaming - This is some what frustrating. I know there must be a conflict somewhere but it is a needle in the haystack senario - Any other suggestions? - Thanks

Bob The Blob 08:56 26 Dec 2008

Have you tried applying the patch?
click here

grey george 17:48 26 Dec 2008

If you type msconfig in to the start/run box a window will open. You then need to select the start up tab, from there you can disable different elements that load at start up. A process of elimination should allow you to find the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

11 must-have iMessage stickers packs by Jean Jullian, Christoph Niemann, Jon Burgerman & more

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Que faire en cas de vol ou perte de votre smartphone ?