First time building a gaming PC need help

Bear5665 01:06 07 Jun 2017

Hi so I'm finally getting around to building my first proper gaming pc, and I just want to to check if my specs should be enough to play games like world of Warcraft on ultra or high while maintaing a high fps.

CPU: i5 7600k 3.8GHz Mobo: Asus Strix z270e Memory: 16 gb (2x8) corsair vengeance GPU: Gigabyte nvidia GTX 1060 Storage: Samsung 850 evo ssd

I have done a lot of research and I do believe I should be able to play most games at a high fps on ultra graphics but my main game is WoW.

Also my second question is atm is I'm running a 24 inch 1080p pretty old Samsung with only a 60hz refresh rate. I know that with the specs of the pc a new monitor is probably needed to get the best out of it and keeping the Samsung as a second Monitor or even changing my current double into a triple monitor set up. But I dont know wheather I should stick with 1080 p and just up the refresh rate or upgrade to 1440p or would there be no point. And any recommendations for great gaming monitors would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot for taking them time out to read and anwser sorry if I went on a bit thanks a lot.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)