Farcry2 + SecuRom

gengiscant 20:18 24 Oct 2008

Bought the game.
Installed the game.
Activated the game.
Played the game,NO.
SecuROM seems to think I either have Daemon tools and/or Alcohol 120 running so will not allow me the pleasure.
I have neither of these programs.
I have gone though the 'Launch Analysis'.
click here

I await their reply,anyone know of the complete list of programs that offend this copy protection,I could have something I suppose.

Ah well I might as well finish the disappointing Crysis Warhead.

Rigga 22:14 24 Oct 2008

Doesn't anyone else find it strange that the very thing that is designed to stop copying prevents people who buy the game from playing it, whereas it does nothing to prevent the full cracked game appearing on Usenet several days ago.

I wonder what they are really doing with these so called copy protection schemes? possibly trying to kill off the second hand games market?

R.

Spook Tooth 06:36 25 Oct 2008

Have you tried the official Far Cry 2 forum? Might get an answer in there.

click here

gengiscant 08:53 25 Oct 2008

Thanks been there,not the only one with this problem it seems.

gengiscant 14:36 25 Oct 2008

I going to tick this as resolved even though my method of getting the game to run was convoluted.
I bought a larger HDD and using the method described here click here

the game now runs.

Marko797 15:21 25 Oct 2008

grateful if u cud pop back in from time to time to let us 'less fortunates' know abt the game. By that I mean those of us who don't have the game yet. Maybe let us know how it runs, grafs, game play experience, story, etc. I'm sure u cud post back in btwn levels if u tried :)

internetfred 16:47 29 Oct 2008

Lots of problems with far cry 2

citadel 17:07 29 Oct 2008

I installed no problem, just put in code and all ok.
game plays well no crashes, no bugs, looks great in high detail, just doing missions to get diamonds to unlock and buy better weapons. ai pretty good and try to flank. driving is gta style.
you wont need a top card for this game as it plays on a agp 7900 ok. setting go to very high and ultra high detail and obviously you would need a good card for these.

190119 21:15 29 Oct 2008

Got the game yesterday and installed it o.k but I can't play it. Gets to the 2nd intro sreen and crashes. Tried all the fixes on the Far Cry 2 site but still can't get it to run.

Ubisoft GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Rubbish.

citadel 22:49 29 Oct 2008

the lighting is excellent, I was walking towards the sunrise and the beams of light flickering through the trees were very realistic.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?