Elder Scrolls online, will you be playing?

wolfie3001 19:53 17 Feb 2014
Answered

Will anyone here be planning to get the Elder Scrolls online when its released?

From videos iv seen so far it looks pretty good, It has a definite Skyrim feel to it, so should be an interesting game to play. I'm not to happy over the fact its subscription based, This will put a lot of gamers off playing it, But it may stop a lot of people using hacks and cheats.

I am also hoping that the map will be a lot bigger than Skyrims, Skyrim had a big map but if I am going to play a subscription based game I want a huge map.

Well only time will tell, Lets hope its not another grind fest like many other MMO's.

Mr Mistoffelees 20:28 17 Feb 2014

As you may have seen when you looked at Graphicool1's long-running thread, I have played the beta twice and have had the game on pre-order since the first time I played. To me, ESO feels a little different to other MMOs, which is all to the good and I like the minimal interface, compared to the likes of WoW and Rift. It will be much bigger than Skyrim, the province of Skyrim is in ESO, although parts of Tamriel will have to wait for DLCs later.

Personally, I don't mid paying a sub, as long as I get a quality game for the money. So far ESO looks good enough and Zenimax have said that it will, eventually, go F2P.

wolfie3001 21:25 18 Feb 2014

One question I do have is will the dungeons like Nordic ruins and Dwemer ruins be instanced or will they be accessible to all players at any time?

Last thing you want is to run a dungeon only to have another guild come in and mess it up. Also how are they doing the mounts, do you buy a horse at a stable or do you have to obtain one via looting?

Kevscar1 08:47 19 Feb 2014

Will wait until 3 months after release. too many at start in low areas, 52 mins queue just to login, another 20 for character download. People queuing up to kill the same enemy. There are bound to e server crashes due to overload and missed bugs. Will wait until it's all stable

Mr Mistoffelees 10:42 19 Feb 2014

Kevscar1, I thought the same as you, then got impatient! Also bored with the games I have, need something new.

Mr Mistoffelees 10:47 19 Feb 2014
Answer

This from the official ESO website, should help answer your question Wolfie. I am hoping to be playing with some friends from my WoW days so, should be able to do guild runs early on.

Graphicool1 12:24 19 Feb 2014

Hi Wolfie3001

"Elder Scrolls online, will you be playing?"

Oh yes, most definitely, and as Mr Mistoffelees, I've already played the Beta twice and also have the game on order.

Sadly though, because I've opted to play via a consul (PS4 and yet to buy). I've got to wait 2 months longer that Mr M. As I believe that PC players are starting in April (unless that's an April Fools joke!?).

I on the other hand won't be starting until June. So in the meantime I'm re-establishing myself with 'TERA Rising'. Although Tera was initially intended only as a filler, I've found it too good to be just a filler. So I'll continue playing it after I start with ESO.

martd7 14:10 20 Feb 2014

Graphicool1,tut tut defecting from the pc to a console

Graphicool1 15:14 20 Feb 2014

mart7

Not defecting at all, up until playing TERA, I've played all my games via consuls. I find playing games with a keyboard and/or mouse to be very awkward. Especially the keyboard, not being a natural typist, I have to keep taking my eye off the screen to see what button to press! Doing this in an MMO fight can be Fatal! Where as a consul handset is second nature to me.

martd7 21:08 20 Feb 2014

I bought an xbox 360 controller to use,superb

Graphicool1 10:51 21 Feb 2014

I also tried a handset, to use with my PC. But I just couldn't get on with it, it was so frustrating and annoying. As I found myself still having to press buttons on the keyboard as well. I guess the fault lays mainly with me and my partial dyslexia. Setting it up correctly is key.

When you get a console game all that it done for you. All you have to do is pick it up and press the buttons. Although even then initially I still have to have someone sitting next to me, shouting out instructions from the manual, until I get the hang of it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?