Custom Gaming PC Build £500 - Feedback Needed

bwebo287 23:36 17 Apr 2014

Hi,

Hoping to build a gaming PC in the future.

This is my parts list: click here be using it for high-end gaming and non-demanding multitasking. I would like my PC to be cool and quiet, that's fairly important. The budget is around £500 - £600. I'm not planning on overclocking. Planning on getting a monitor and keyboard too so recommendations welcome to take to around £600. That's all I think really,

Thanks in advance.

Notes: I'll

bwebo287 23:38 17 Apr 2014

New here, don't know how to edit but something went wrong on the copy and paste. So it's meant to be like this:

Hi,

Hoping to build a gaming PC in the future.

This is my parts list: click here be using it for high-end gaming and non-demanding multitasking. I would like my PC to be cool and quiet, that's fairly important. The budget is around £500 - £600. I'm not planning on overclocking. Planning on getting a monitor and keyboard too so recommendations welcome to take to around £600. That's all I think really,

Thanks in advance.

Notes: I'll

bwebo287 23:39 17 Apr 2014

It is not like that in the preview! Never mind you should get the gist!

nickf 11:43 20 Apr 2014

Sorry but your link does not seem to be working , but if you are planning to build a gaming rig and include the monitor and keyboard , I would plan to spend a minimum of £850 to realise any decent performance .

rdave13 23:00 20 Apr 2014

Links work for me, so the first thing I notice is the PSU will be too weak.

If this is the card, link, then it needs 500W for it's own performance. Remember you also need to power the rest of the PC. I'd go for 750W bronze minimum.

Add up to £200 for a decent monitor.

Keyboard and mouse can be cheap to start with. Upgradable later.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone