Aliens Vs predator demo failure on Steam

mrwoowoo 19:30 05 Feb 2010

Downloaded it via Steam last night and it won't launch.
Only get the 'A Vs P is launching' logo for a few secs then nothing. )O:!
Hope the game is stable as this doesn't bode well unless it's a Steam issue.
Anyone managed to play it yet?

gengiscant 12:12 06 Feb 2010

Just downloaded and installed the demo,only to find out it is a multiplayer demo only.
So I thought why not, waited 10 Min's for other players to join ,gave up and am going back to Borderlands.

mrwoowoo 16:23 06 Feb 2010

They have had issues with that and have now brought out a patch.
Just update Steam and should be good to go.
Just tried it and got a game within a few minutes.
Had a go as an alien as i can't see how you change your character. )O:!

Colin 11:58 07 Feb 2010

Downloaded it with no problems. But as gengiscant says it's multiplayer only. I can't find anywhere that says the demo is multiplayer only and as I've never played online and don’t intend to I've uninstalled it. I will probably buy the full game as I like FPS's.

tammer 14:00 07 Feb 2010

I'm guessing that the purpose of the demo is:

"to increase interest in an imminent launch of a new game through demonstrating the quality of the product via a small sample of the gameplay"

And here's the purpose in customers' eyes:

"to change you from planning to buy this game for the PS3 to now vowing never to buy any SEGA / Rebellion game through a complete failure of the demo to work for PS3 customers"

gengiscant 14:20 07 Feb 2010

Still unable to play online through Steam.
Doesn't bode well for the game, I'll probably wait a few weeks till its gone down in price before I get it.
Bioshock 2 will be out anyway.

mrwoowoo 18:01 09 Feb 2010

Bought Bioshock 2 at Sainsburys today.
Nearly didn't though as the PC versions were priced up the same as the Xbox and PS3 versions at £37.00.
Thought it must be a mistake. And it was.
Now, if only i can tear myself away from the Tiger Woods 2010 beta demo.

gengiscant 09:32 10 Feb 2010

I mainly buy my games online from Play.com or coolshop.
I got the latest S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for £17 and Bioshock 2 for £24.
I almost got Aliens vs Predator and Metro 2033 but I'll wait a while,I am still playing Borderlands, on my second playthrough,but you take everything gained in the first play over, which is unusual. Good game, Have you played it yet?

mrwoowoo 18:05 10 Feb 2010

'Have you played it yet?'
I have. And am about halfway through i guess.
Love the graphics and gameplay, but do struggle sometimes as i find the battles are sometimes unbelievably hard. Suspect i've not got to grips with the weapons,shields and upgrades yet.
Still, it's certainly a good and graphically novel game though. Some humerous touches as well.
Just started Bioshock 2, and although it's early days, apart from a few slight gameplay tweaks it just seems like a continuation of the original.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone