ZEN Vision M 60GB

SURVEY 15:58 14 May 2007

Just received my Zen. I cannot get WMP 11 to recognise the player - any ideas what I can do? Also I can transfer an album folder over to the player quite simply by copy/paste from my computer's C:Drive to the MyZen/Storage Media/Music folder. This copies fine except it is not picking up the album art. Surely it must be also copying the tagged info that WMP 11 reads? Help!!

SURVEY 16:41 14 May 2007

Ok Folks. Could not find Creative's telephone support number - said it was with the packaging of the player but it is not. However, managed to get all working by uninstalling the device from Device Manager and letting the Zen locate the driver software.

A couple of queries, please:

I have a 3 pin plug with USB connector that I use to charge by Rio Carbon mp3 player. However, it will not charge the Zen despite the Rio's usb lead being able to charge the Zen from the computer. There must be something in the Creative's 3 pin plug that forces one to use their own plug!! Any idea where to buy the cheapest plug that will actually work?

The FM facility appears only to work using Creative's own headphones - is this correct? My own earphones are better quality but do not work the FM as the Creative's must act as an aerial. Do I really have to carry 2 pairs of earphones??

SURVEY 19:01 14 May 2007

Have now sorted the FM radio. I think my earphones were not making a good contact with the socket!

Please - any answers about the mains plug?

ICF 19:20 15 May 2007

I to had the same problem with a usb mains charger not working with my zen micro photo.It would light up but not charge up.In the end I bought there own portable speaker system which worked as a charger.USB is rated at 500mA and 5V DC.
All I can think of is ZEN's draw more current or Volts than these device's pump out or the tolerance is more accurate than an actual USB port spec because it would charge via a USB port

ICF 19:35 15 May 2007
  ICF 19:40 15 May 2007
  SURVEY 20:11 15 May 2007

ICF - Thanks for the links. Also found that my car charger that takes a usb cable that I successfully use for another player does not work with the Zen. Aagin must be clever technology or current draw to ensure that Creative's accessories are used! Fortunately there are some generic products that seem to work. Just annoying one has to duplicate all these devices!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?