www.mobical.net - sync your phone online!

silverous 19:28 24 Jul 2006

Awesome little service this... I got a new phone and didn't have the software to sync my motorola to get the contacts to the new phone. So I found the "sync" option on the phone, setup a (free) account with mobical, then uploaded all my contacts, calendar, tasks etc. This took minutes (including setting it up).

I then put the details into the new phone and it connected and downloaded all the details also.

I can switch it off now but think I might well keep it as a good online backup!

sean-278262 22:55 24 Jul 2006

I would be a bit worried at offering an online service my mobile numbers. Cold calling et al.

silverous 09:26 25 Jul 2006

It depends on how trusting you are of their terms and conditions which state they won't do that, although it did occur to me. It is a very comprehensive tool which they seem to have invested a lot of time and money in, not some mickey mouse operation so I trust they don't want to throw that away by (illegally) passing my contacts on.... maybe thats naive.

sean-278262 20:29 25 Jul 2006

While they say they wont, what happens when they get bought out? IIRC this happened with a call centre company the main parent company purchased them and all their logs and then started using this information (illegally???) To call customers. I am sick of this happening with my email address on sites thus why I have a spam email address that is checked once a week and the main one for propper correspondance.

silverous 08:59 26 Jul 2006

If you have signed up to T&Cs I'd be surprised if they can be changed by a parent company without your agreement.

If that was a worry you wouldn't give your name and address to anyone and unfortunately that is very difficult in this day and age.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?