Would this work?

Shantei 18:38 29 Jun 2007

Now, I am going to get a TV Tuner card with an S-Video In port.

I have an S-Video cable.

I would like to connect my consoles up to this S-Video In as it's the only way, perhaps apart from the Composite In.

Here's an image. It's the 2nd picture to the left of the selection:

click here

Now, with a console you can't plug the SCART cable or leads into any of the ports so for the S-Video cable I'll need an adapter .. so I thought this one would be alright to use for it:

click here

So I thought I'd plug the console SCART into the adapter and the S-Video cable into the adapter and then to my TV Tuner card. However, I didn't notice that the adapter's SCART is a MALE .. and so is the consoles. Now what do I do?

I thought I could take out the console's SCART lead cables and plug them into each individual corresponding socket .. as you can see on image it has them. Then I'd proceed as said by plugging in the S-Video cable from the adapter to my computer. Something SERIOUSLY tells me that wouldn't work, but would it? If not, what do I do in order to connect my consoles up to my TV Tuner card? PLEASE HELP!

Thanks in advance!

bowman 09:24 30 Jun 2007

Am I right in thinking you have a console with a scart connection..

Which you want to connect to a S-video connection?

If so, look here :

click here

It maybe what you require.

Hope this helps.

If the link does not work try this one :

click here

Regards
Phil

Shantei 10:19 30 Jun 2007

Sorry but that wouldn't work. The consoles scart is a male .. and so are those ones you have presented. It couldn't work. I'm looking for a female scart to S-video connection.

Thanks.

bowman 17:47 30 Jun 2007

How about this:

click here

Regards
Phil

Shantei 13:58 01 Jul 2007

Sorry, I don't understand how that would enable me to connect my S-Video cable up to it. I need female scart socket to connect my male console scart into which can be transferred as the S-Video cable. Sorry, but thanks anyway.

bowman 14:43 01 Jul 2007

Ok

You say you have a male connection on your console....

You use the connector in my last post, this will convert the console connection to a female scart connection.

Thus allowing you to use a male scart lead.

You then have two options,

(1) use a scart to s-video cable.

(2) use the adater in your first post with a s-video cable.

Hope this is clear.

Regards
Phil

Stuartli 19:47 01 Jul 2007

This is probably what you mean:

click here

However, as I have already pointed out in your other thread, it appears from your requirements that you don't need a PC TV card.......

Stuartli 19:48 01 Jul 2007

This is probably what you mean:

click here

However, as I have already pointed out in your other thread, it appears from your requirements that you don't need a PC TV card.......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone