wireless hi fi

awest3 17:51 08 Jan 2007

Hi,
I have a dell PC running xp HE(sp2), I have Itunes loaded which is used for putting albums onto my Ipod. I also have a Netgear ADSL router with wireless capability. I connect a Dell Laptop wirelessly through the router to broadband and the internet.
My question is, is there a wireless adapter/ dongle etc. that I can connect to my hi fi amplifier to play the music from my PC through to my hi fi wirelessly.

Many thanks Al.

John B 18:51 08 Jan 2007
  awest3 20:16 08 Jan 2007

Hi John B,

Thanks for this, I was thinking of something a little cheaper if possible rather than a media centre type affair...this seems to have all the bells and whistles but I was thinking of something a little more basic....where I simply start the PC in Itunes and let it run....

Al

John B 20:36 08 Jan 2007
  awest3 22:37 08 Jan 2007

Thanks again John,

I will have a look at thgis tomorrow...thank you for your time and knowledge..

Al

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:46 08 Jan 2007

click here is a brillant idea and sounds great...from around 80squid and you don't need a wireless router;-))

G

John B 13:24 09 Jan 2007

Cheaper still: click here

awest3 14:05 09 Jan 2007

Thanks again Guys.....

I'll have a look at them...

Al

golfpro 09:28 22 Jan 2007

I had a similar problem (not being able to run cables round the house etc.) I solved this when I bought a remote wireless speaker unit from a local store (similar to Lidle called Hoffer, I live in Austria). I got two 25H x 13W x 10B cm large active speakers Mains or battery operated and a small sender which sits on top of my PC. The sound is so good I went back and bought another set, but the four speakers run off one sender. Now I have true HiFi all round the house and not a cable in site, and I only paid 40 Euros (about 28pounds) per set. The name of the unit is "Magnum" that's all I can give you really.

awest3 09:41 22 Jan 2007

thanks Golf pro...this sound interesting I'll have a look at it
Al

awest3 10:16 07 Jan 2008

Did nothing about this at the time, but have received a Pinnacle soundbridge Home Music player for my Christmas present.....absolutly brilliant (about £40 from Dabs I believe). It connected via wifi to my PC and allows me to play music from the 'my music' folder (you can specify where you like). Had a bit of trouble getting the BBC radio stations to work properly but after much looking at the foruns found I needed to update the software...this is interesting as you have to fill in a form with your device MAC address and your ISP address, it then gives you 30 mins to download..via your soundbridge device...

Anyway my question is 'how much of my download limit does using the radio function use?' and how to I keep a check on the amount used..

Thanks in advance

Al

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?