Windows Movie Maker - how to burn to DVD?

eddiejackr 09:29 13 Sep 2006

Hello. How can I burn a WMM Project to DVD? I can capture video and burn this using e.g. Roxio, but once I have edited and saved as a project Roxio won't touch it. My limited edition Roxio won't allow me to edit, which is why I'm trying to do this in WMM - I'm trying to find a solution without having to buy expensive software. Nothing I've tried for burning seems to recognise the WMM project format....

fazer 12:47 13 Sep 2006

Try saving (in WMM) the files as AVI's. I can't speak for Roxio but my dvd writing software can then import these files and write to DVD format.

eddiejackr 14:51 13 Sep 2006

I only seem to get the option of saving a *MSWMM format. How do I save as AVI?

GroupFC 15:16 13 Sep 2006

"only seem to get the option of saving a *MSWMM format. How do I save as AVI?" - That is because you haven't yet finished your movie!

The .MSWMM file is only the project file, not the finished item. Once you are happy with your project you will need to go to tasks and select finish movie. You will then get a number of options offered by the "save movie wizard", and you can select the format from that and MM2 will then render the file to your chosen format (I usually save the movie in .avi format to my HD ready for burning to DVD, using alternative S/ware as MM2 doesn't support burning to DVD).

Have a look at this site click here, which is quite useful for newcomers to MM2, although some of the info. on it is a bit dated!

HTH

HTH

GroupFC 15:19 13 Sep 2006

I meant to say that rendering is resource hungry, and can take quite a bit of time. Also .avi files can be huge, so I hope that you have plenty of HD space!

eddiejackr 16:29 16 Sep 2006

thanks - that sorted that!

GroupFC 16:53 16 Sep 2006

I was wondering if you had any success - I hope it hasn't taken 3 days to render - LOL!

Anyway glad to have been of service and that it's sorted - don't forget the green tick!

LAP 09:53 17 Sep 2006

Noted for My Postings

David4637 16:44 17 Sep 2006

Use either Ulead Studio 10 or Pinnacle Studio. You are wasting your time and effort using MM2, if you are doing any serious editting. David

GroupFC 09:15 18 Sep 2006

"You are wasting your time and effort using MM2" - this is a very sweeping statement! Why?

I would be interested to know why you continually put down MM2. I admit that it does have certain limitations, but as a FREE video-editng it is certainly capable enough for a large number of users, who only wish to edit their own footage.

You only have to look click here and click here to see that there are many users of MM2!

Bingalau 10:24 18 Sep 2006

eddiejackr. I have just been reading an article on this very subject and can stick it in an e-mail for you if that's o.k. with you. It is in two parts, one of which I only received about an hour ago and the other part comes tomorrow. ..Bingalau..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?