White screen of death on Classic iPOd

john bunyan 22:23 20 Sep 2009

My grand daughter has a newish iPod Classic 120 gig. Was fine, now has a white screen whatever I do to reset. Have reset to factory settings, updated software (XP, iTunes 9) all to no avail. Could this be a motherboard problem in iPod? All PC signs are ok - shows synch ok etc. No Apple logo appears in "Reset" on i Pod

alB 23:20 20 Sep 2009

A possible solution from the ilounge website click here ...alB

john bunyan 07:51 21 Sep 2009

Thamks - tried it but did not work. Will return to shop under warranty.

steven605 02:20 03 Feb 2010

<a href="click here">iPod to Computer Transfer</a> has appeared for the aim that iPod users view iPod files in the computer completely.
<a href="click here">FLV Converter Mac</a> can convert FLV file to other popular video formats with perfect sound and image quality.
This best <a href="click here">MOD Converter for Mac</a> works perfectly with almost all the popular video/audio players.

john bunyan 09:08 03 Feb 2010

??

torpointcomputer 14:34 18 Apr 2010

We carry out this repair regularly and my experience with this problem is either related to a loose ribbon cable, defective screen or maybe a software glitch.I found one with metal filings inside it, which isn't going to help.

But before you think about taking it apart first try restoring from itunes, try holding the menu and select buttons down for about 10secs after you have toggled the hold button, contact Apple, you might still be in warranty and if you aren't and you don't want to pay Apple to fix the unit then maybe look at a local console fixer (I'm pretty good!).

The hardest part of resolving the problem is getting the case off! It's relatively easy when you know how but trying to do it with no tell tale signs is almost an art form.

john bunyan 16:09 18 Apr 2010

Thanks. This was fixed for free by Apple under warranty. Difficult tom find repairers like you!

john810 09:38 21 Apr 2010

<a href="click here">MOD Converter</a> is a rather professional mod video converter, which is able to convert mod and teach you how to convert mod files. It can convert MOD, TOD, MPEG files into MP4, MP4 AVC, WMV, AVI, FLV, 3GP, MP3, MP2, M4A, WMA, WAV, OGG, etc.
<a href="click here">How to Convert MOD Files</a>

john bunyan 10:10 21 Apr 2010

Spam again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?