Which Pc Is The BEST On The Market?

Spike_2006 09:03 05 Feb 2006

Hi, I am saving up for a new PC, but I want the best on the market for under £2500. Have any of you clever people got any ideas? I would prefer a 2 gig memory with a gr8 grafix card.
Cheerz

bremner 09:33 05 Feb 2006

That is a very subjective question. What I consider the best someone else may not.

Do you mean best in terms of most expensive or the fastest Benchmark score.

Is it the one with the most storage or the most RAM.

You need to decide what you are going to want to do with the machine now and in the future. Are you a gamer, do you do video editing or just do the occasional Office document, email and surf the net.

Do you want and do you have room for a huge flatscreen monitor or is a 17/19" model enough.

There are literally hundreds of machines out there with 2GB of RAM and a great graphics card.

Having said all this Alienware click here make some decent top spec machines.

hzhzhz 10:55 05 Feb 2006

The best pc on the market is the one which does everything that you want it to. Try click here for example and you can put together exactly what you want.

Forum Editor 11:18 05 Feb 2006

is akin to asking "what's the best screwdriver on the market?"

The best is what suits you for the particular job you're doing, and that means there's no 'best' screwdriver, and no 'best' computer. In my opinion, the best computer is the one that is the most stable, given the software that runs on it, and the one that works as fast as you do.

There's not much point in having a machine which moves at XXX speed if your brain only moves at XX speed.

I think your best solution is to specify your own machine with one of the beter-known sustem builders. That way you'll get what you want, rather than what someone else thinks you want.

jack 14:54 05 Feb 2006

Is the one you see in an advert the week after you have splashed out and got the one you saw last week
Always...............

bremner 15:29 05 Feb 2006

very true

SG Atlantis® 16:46 05 Feb 2006

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

You'll get a hell of alot of computer for £2500 these days

ade.h 16:50 05 Feb 2006

The best PC is whatever I've built most recently. I haven't actually bought one of the shelf for years.

However, in your budget, the high-end Mesh specs always get excellent reception from magazines that I respect. In fact, they are often compared alongside the equivalent Evesham - both companies regularly produce high-end specs based on the latest bandwagons and the Meshes are quite consistently better value. Caveat: Mesh often gets a slating from some quarters in Consumerwatch (which, incidentally, is where this thread probably should have been) but whether that is entirely fair is open to debate.

skidzy 18:57 05 Feb 2006

Is any system really worth £2500.....I posted a similar question last week,but not to that value,and have had a very good response.MESH ...well,the advice ive had on here is fairly mixed.With MESH it sounds like the aftersales is not up to scratch leaving several disgruntled clients...but also ive been made aware this is the case almost everywhere you go.Lets be honest with ourselves,some systems do have/will get a failure of some degree.But the main thing we all want is good customer service after we have bought the system.There are some very good systems out there at the moment and the hardest bit about all that is...making up your mind !!!!....Personally im leaning to a matrix sytem for around £600 click here
I think this system will provide everything my family will need....gaming,bookwork,general internet research,etc...Good luck in your search.If you find a better system for the money than this link..let me know..Again good luck in your search....

Mr Mistoffelees 19:13 05 Feb 2006

I created amarvelous configuration on the Voodoo site.

Just $9771.64 inc delivery, before HM Customs add their slice!

Kate B 20:59 06 Feb 2006

Ahhh, Voodoo is fab. I've got a Voodoo beast and I love it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?