Which laptop to connect to Panasonic TV

Border View 17:03 26 Sep 2014
Answered

I have a Panasonic plasma TV. My ISP is BT Infinity. I can watch BT Sport on my computer and old laptop (running XP) I don't wish to enter into a contract with BT Sport to show it on my TV. I would prefer to buy a new laptop (really ready for a new one)but wondered what sort I should purchase which would connect (with the right cable) to my tv.

Can this be done and what sort of laptop should I be looking for please? Your help would be much appreciated. Budget up to £500.

Thank you.

Border View 17:34 26 Sep 2014

Forgive my ignorance but what is Chromecast?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:38 26 Sep 2014

What is Chromecast

Most modern laptops can connect using HDMi cable or will possibly still retain the VGA port that you use on the old laptop.

1]: [click here,news-17637.html

alanrwood 11:26 27 Sep 2014

Hi FB

Neither of your last links are working:- 404 Page not Found error

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:17 27 Sep 2014
  Border View 15:11 27 Sep 2014

Many thanks for the explanation. It sounds a bit like the Panasonic USB dongle I have. The Panasonic dongle does not let you watch BT sport. Few free channels but in the main channels look for a subscription.

From what I can gather to watch BT sport on TV I would have to get a BT box and pay a monthly subscription. The only sport we would like to watch on TV from BT is the MotoGP. As I mentioned I can watch this free on my computer and laptop. The idea is to link a new laptop to the TV. Research has shown that this may be possible with an HDMI cable from the laptop to TV.

Think I've answered my own question, get a new laptop which has an HDMI port.

Please tell me if I've come up with the wrong answer. Many thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:04 27 Sep 2014

Your old laptop should have a VGA port and a headphone out socket

I can connect my laptop using these ports to a flat screen Samsung

What input sockets does your TV have? Make and model?

Border View 20:07 27 Sep 2014
Answer

click here has a couple of USB ports and one HDMI

My old laptop has a headphone socket and a D socket on the back which I used to link a C something monitor- huge thing not flat screen.

A new laptop is in the pipeline.

Its

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?