which camera for rheumaticy hands

granma.m 17:25 04 Feb 2008

I need to replace my 5 year old camera as it is now too heavy for me to use due to rheumaticky hands. also I have problems keeping the thing steady so my pics are rubbish.
Any advice or should I forget the whole thing.

Oh and it will have to be under £100
hope someone can help

Moira

jack 19:58 04 Feb 2008

Check with what is available by taking a look at click here digicams

Under£100 will limit your choice a little.
Shops like ADSA photo section have example on display that you can pick and have a fumble with, also Jessops and John Lewis
Cheaper but better cameras can be had if you are not fussy about it being the latest model
deleted stock at often half the original price can be had from the like of click here

granma.m 21:35 04 Feb 2008

thanks for that Jack.
I have had a good search of the internet and there are a few possibles.
updatebuy.com looked quite interesting
thanks again

Moira

keef66 11:48 06 Feb 2008

Updatebuy.com looks like a far east import type setup. I'd recommend a UK based company in case of non-delivery, faulty goods, warranty claims etc. As jack said, Morgan are good.

granma.m 16:14 06 Feb 2008

thanks keef 66
I will certainly take note of that

anchor 16:37 06 Feb 2008

You say that many of your pics are "rubbish" as you cannot keep the camera steady. I would strongly advise you get a camera with "image stabiliser". My new camera has it, and it really helps!.

For this you would have to up your budget a little. Have a look at the Canon PowerShot A570 IS. An excellent 7.1 Mpix camera, 4x optical zoom, weight 175 gr; £116 from Amazon, including delivery.

click here

reviews here:

click here

click here

keef66 09:43 07 Feb 2008

Anchor makes a very good point about image stabilisation, and the Canon A570 IS would be an excellent choice. That's a lot of camera for the money

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017