What audio cable/wire to use from PC to LCD TV

  Voy06 12:33 08 Jan 2006

Hello folks hoping you can help me with this one.

Looking to buy the Samsung LE26R41BD 26" LCD TV when it eventually comes into stock. I will also be using the TV as my PC monitor as well.

My question is I want to use my current PC 5.1 Surround sound speaker system but am not sure of what wire/cable I have to use to connect the speaker system to the TV.

I will be connecting the PC to the TV with D-Sub VGA. I presume I will be using the audio out of my Sound card (Creative Sound Blaster Audigy LS 5.1) to the audio in of the TV or will I be connecting from the 5.1 Speaker System to the TV.

Please let me know of what cable(s) I will need and what I should be connecting from.

Thanks in advance folks.

  DieSse 23:16 08 Jan 2006

This is the best spec I can find for this model. It doesn't really give an idea what outputs it has for sound - or what it's *surround sound* spec means.

So I don't see how to advise you without this information.

  DieSse 23:25 08 Jan 2006

My apologies - I missed the *Manual Download*.

Get the full manual here (it's a pdf, and a biggish download - but invaluable info.)

It walks you through all the connections - including a nice clear picture on page 6.

  ed-0 23:41 08 Jan 2006

the manual click here=

  DieSse 00:12 09 Jan 2006

Thanx ed-0 - how could I forget to actually paste the link? - I plead only old age ;-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017