want a new 42" tv

FungusBoggieman 20:25 15 Jul 2007

Excuse my ignorance and spelling
I want to replace my 32" widescreen anologue tv
My problem is we dont become digital in my area till 2009,
my ? is can I still recieve an anouloge sygnal on a digital tv this would enable us to have a a new tv which would work on anoloug then work when the digital comes in in our area
are the digital tv`s only for digital signals and not work on an anolouge signal?
hope you can understand what i have wrote
thanks fungus b

Stuartli 23:38 15 Jul 2007

Modern Digital TV equipped televisions have both an analogue and a digital (Freeview) tuner.

The Freeview set top boxes, which the majority of people have used up to now, receive the digital terrestial transmissions and convert them back to analogue (this is so they can be watched on an analogue TV set).

Stuartli 23:42 15 Jul 2007

Are you sure you can't receive digital transmissions?

You can check it out at:

click here

There are high gain aerials available.

postie24 18:46 16 Jul 2007

Hers a great 42" set
click here

FungusBoggieman 19:20 16 Jul 2007

Thank you for your replys sorry havent been able to get back to you lot for a couple of days now my daughter disided to have her baby on the day of the post it got a bit hectic here,
we are going to have a shop around aswell see what deals on packages we can get, as my wife has pionted out to me the tv stands arnt cheep nearly died when i saw one for £130.

Stuartli 19:40 16 Jul 2007

Several reasonably priced TV stands at the excellent SVP outlet:

click here

Like postie24, I'd recommend a Panasonic based on personal experience of a number of examples, including the latest 50in set.

In fact a certain well known consumer magazine (can't say which one) in its latest edition declares that its reviewers rate the marque as the best of the lot and, on top of that, its three new models offer the best displays they have ever seen.

Stuartli 16:57 20 Jul 2007

Some more TV stands:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?