Vista MCE Cant find a TV Signal

belcanto 13:53 11 Aug 2009

Hi everyone, I brought a while ago a usb dvb-t stick called Wand-TV to go into my pc. The software with it is called Blaze and works fine apart from some choppyness in the signal. However when I set up Windows Media Centre I go through all the set ups and EPG downloads only for it too tell me it cant find a signal, yet a scan for services shows me the freeview channels in my area.

What am I doing wrong?, I am using an ordianry two progned ariel from Argos not the supplied one. I have tried selecting different freeview areas such as Crystal Palace (I live in SE London). My Pc has got zone alarm, AVG, 2gb memory, etc.

Thanks

Stuartli 18:23 11 Aug 2009

Some FAQs on the Blaze website re the software:

click here

Computer TV PCI cards and USB sticks require a decent signal to work properly, especially as the digital signals (until your area switches off analogue) are only a fraction of the analogue transmission strengths.

If you have to use an indoor aerial, this one from Argos will almost certainly be a better bet (just £9.99):

click here

Also see:

click here

One of these aerials is used with a Sony 15in TV and cheap Freeview set top box and works well. I tuned the STB first on the main TV set and outdoor aerial, before transferring it to the Sony and STB.

belcanto 18:52 11 Aug 2009

Hi Stuartli, thanks for the advice, but it does notr explain why when I use the blaze software I can get a good signal using my current argos ariel. Yet when I use the media centre in Vista it cannot seem to detect that I have a signal. One suggestion from Youtube, was that I try a new usb port. Cant hurt, but would still value your further insight.

Thanks
Belcanto

Stuartli 23:06 11 Aug 2009

I don't know Vista, but wonder if the fact that you have Vista Media Center is clashing with the Blaze software?

See:

click here

Another point is drivers. My Twinhan PCI Freeview TV card uses BDA drivers with current software including ShowShifter, but originally the software required WDM drivers.

belcanto 02:20 26 Aug 2009

Hi all,

Thanks for the hrlp on this and apppologies for taking awhile to respond. Have been trying to finda solution..I must be abit thick because it took me while to realise that maybe Blaze would have an idea.

A quick email to them revealed that the TV stick is not compatiblw with vista. So I'll give it to my sister and instead get a genitech dvb-t instead from ebay.

Thanks for the help
Belcanto

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?