Virgin digital tv, want to move it to back room

lilythepink 20:11 27 Nov 2007

I have had Virgin tv installed in the front room of my house for some years. I want to move it to the back room, and cannot see how to do it without wrapping that horrible thick cable around the walls. Any suggestions?

anskyber 09:01 28 Nov 2007

Wireless senders are available for TV usage in different parts of the house such as click here I do not know whether they are cable enabled so you may want to research them futher.

powerless 00:02 29 Nov 2007

Call VM and see if they can reroute the cable - chargable mind you.

What about running the cable under the floor boards? [Assuming you have floor boards]

lilythepink 13:39 29 Nov 2007

I was thinking of running the cable under the floorboards, but we have a new wooden floor down, and obviously would have to lift some of it. Will maybe have to do it though, rather than all that ugly cable. thanks

bremner 16:51 29 Nov 2007

I successfully use a wireless sender unit on Virgin Cable TV to get the signal upstairs. A good and reliable signal.

Stuartli 16:59 29 Nov 2007

We have wooden floor boards throughout the property (apart from the kitchen) and there has always been a section available in the hall for access to under the floorboards.

Bit of a pain crawling around because of the lack of height, but it's the method I used to run TV coaxial cables etc out of sight around the house...:-)

lilythepink 20:51 29 Nov 2007

thanks everyone, it seems to be the only way to do it. Which wireless sender did you use?
I will have a look at the floorboards again. Virgin charge such a lot and the whole system is so full of ugly wires. It should be wireless

Fellsider 21:07 29 Nov 2007

I used cable trunking, that white plastic stuff. to take the cabling around the rooms. On white skirtings it is noticable but not unduly so.

lilythepink 21:15 29 Nov 2007

What kind of and where can I buy the cable, as I am sure that Virgin will not provide it free.

powerless 00:25 30 Nov 2007

It's not so much that it's not free...they don't actually provide it as I found out about 4 weeks ago.

I eventually got my cable off ebay from this guy click here

jaritch 08:57 30 Nov 2007

I recently moved my Virgin TV Box upstairs. I know this doesn't solve your messy cable problem but Virgin did move mine free of charge.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?