views on this Home cinema system

Rocker 15:34 22 Apr 2009

hi all im thinking of getting the sony HT-IS100 Home cinema system have anyone hard the sound of this system if so is a good one.thamks

bionicle 19:08 22 Apr 2009

I got this system 4 months ago and am generally impressed. The sound quality is good and it can go quite loud without trouble if need be. Bear in mind that the sub-woofer unit is bigger than most, it also has a speaker and controls on top in addition to the sub-woofer. The good thing is the tiny golf ball sized satellite speakers which blend into the background. I wouldn't say that the audio quality of these individually is great but the combined effect of the whole system is good. Bear in mind that the system connections are to the base of the large sub-woofer unit so you will need to have it placed quite near to the TV unless you can cope with lots of cables. However you can just run it from one fibre-optic cable from the back of the TV. Unless you have space and money for a more dedicated system I would recommend this as an unobtrusive simple quality home cinema system.

Rocker 20:56 22 Apr 2009

thanks bionicle do audio cd sound any good on it as as i whant to use as a cd player as well as dvd im getting a blue ray player with it. thanks

bionicle 01:15 23 Apr 2009

I dont think its worth using as an audio player. There is a built in receiver so it can be used for music but I would stick to using it as a home cinema set up only.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?