video editing

baldyx 17:14 02 Mar 2008

My camcorder video output is AVI Type 1.
Is there a software which accepts Type 1 video so that I can cretae a dvd without any video conversion?

Currenlty I am using a software which does not produce audio from AVI Type 1 format, so I have to convert first to Type 2 and the resulting video quality is very poor.

Les28 19:14 02 Mar 2008

I used to have that trouble until I updated my video editing software, Pinnacle Studio 8 I had did not accept Type 1, I now have Pinnacle Studio 10.5 and it does accept Type 1 and I guess latest versions of video editing software will accept Type 1, but worth checking first.

I used to convert using freeware Canopus File coverter from type 1 to type 2 and it converted fine but limited to about 5.6 GB I think max file size for conversion.

WinDV is freeware which I think lets you capture as either Type 1 or type 2, no editing facilities with it, it's just for capturing onto hard drive.

Les28 19:34 02 Mar 2008

I also have Serif Movie Plus 5 and Arc Soft Showbiz DVD and both video editing programmes will accept Type 1 AVI files for editing. Or if you have Nero, Nero Vision Express 3 will accept AVI Type 1.

baldyx 13:21 03 Mar 2008

Thanks.
I have used WinDV in the past but the quality of output Type 2 video is not the same as the input type 1.
Will try your other suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?