VHS to Computer to edit?

1936 14:13 17 Jan 2007

I am learning how to get VHS tape content onto my computer to edit prior to burning it onto a DVD which can be played on a TV.
I know that there are a number of ways of doing this such as external device connecting the VHS player to the computer. However, I also read that another way is to connect the VHS player to the computer through a TV tuner card but the problem is that I don't know if my computer has one.
However, there is a "Video in" socket at the back of my Mesh computer which has a mauve cable leading to a mauve four pin socket marked 1. Red coloured R Audio out. 2. White coloured L Audio out. 3. Yellow coloured Comp Video out. 4. Black coloured S-Video out.

I connected these to a scart adaptor which is plugged into the VHS player but the VHS player did not play on the computer desktop.

Would this do the job if I had the appropriate software and if so what software should I go for?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:36 17 Jan 2007

TV tuner card? HAve you got someting that looks like an Aeria connection on the rear of the PC?

"Video in" socket at the back of my Mesh computer which has a mauve cable leading to a mauve four pin socket marked 1. Red coloured R Audio out. 2. White coloured L Audio out. 3. Yellow coloured Comp Video out. 4. Black coloured S-Video out.

Confused by "Video In" but all sockets marked as OUT?

I connected these to a scart adaptor which is plugged into the VHS player but the VHS player did not play on the computer desktop.

You need Capture software to play the signal being recieved (if it is recived? see above)
The software really needs to suit your aptur device.

What make and model of Mesh, maybe we can find if it has capture facilities?

1936 19:02 17 Jan 2007

Yes, I have got someting that looks like an Aerial connection on the rear of the PC?

Confused by "Video In" but all sockets marked as OUT?

I did not set that out as well as I should.
There is a "Video in" socket at the back of my Mesh computer which has a long mauve cable leading to a mauve four pin socket which I have on my desk into which I pluged a cable with:
A Red coloured wire.
A White coloured wire.
A Yellow coloured wire.
A Black coloured wire.
I connected the cable to a scart adaptor which is plugged into the VHS player.

I asked Mesh what to do and they sent the following reply:
"Once you have connected the VCR to the purple box (in/out adater) You need to use the ATI software loaded on the system Either TV or VCR. This should be located in your programs menu. Click on start / All Programs / ATI."
The only problem is that I can not find the ATI software so either it was not laoded or it got deleted somehow.
The Mesh invoice says that it is a "Matrix 64 3500+BPC (PCA FEB BEST BUY)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?