Using phone hands free earset as mic

m800afc 03:08 20 Jun 2009

Windows XP Pro SP3; ASRock 775VM800; Pentium 4; 3GHz; 2Gb RAM

I have been given a universal bluetooth hands free earpiece, I do not know what brand it is, and there are no markings at all on it.
What I would like to know is; can it be used as a wireless microphone through my laptop, which has built in Bluetooth?
I present quizzes, and although I have a radio mic, it is hand held, and I would like to have at least one hand free, as I walk about and ask the questions.
I know I can use Audacity to provide the feed to the amplifier, but how do I get the audio signal from the earpiece into Audacity? It would be used in conjunction with an audio player, such as media monkey. I will not need to listen via the earpiece, because I will hear the sound on the PA.

If I can get this working, it will mean I have to take much less kit to the quiz, such as the radio mic, its receiver, and the mixer for mixing mic and laptop audio out.
So, any ideas, chums?

BRYNIT 08:14 22 Jun 2009

Don't know if it will work but click here this will help you on how to install and configure Bluetooth devices in Windows XP you could always try it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?