user friendly video editing software.

Ohnjay 11:01 13 Apr 2007

My digital video camcorder will not download to Windows movie maker. I've been told that WMM does not download from any camcorder and that I need software to do any editing. If this is true can anybody recommend user friendly software?

GroupFC 11:39 13 Apr 2007

"I've been told that WMM does not download from any camcorder" - don't believe everything you are told!

More infromation would help:-

What is the camcorder and how are you connecting to the pc (firewire/usb?)?

Are you correctly setting the camcorder controls for downloading to the pc and does Windows recognise it when it is plugged in?

Does WMM recognise the camcorder when it is plugged in to the PC? - What messages if any do you get when you try to d'load the footage?

Have a trawl thro' this site for all things to do with WMM click here

An alternative to WMM may be Ulead VideoStudio 10
click here

GroupFC 09:11 14 Apr 2007

reeived by e-mail:-

First of all thanks for your help and time. I'm running Vista. My camcorder is a Panasonic VDR-150, and I was told about the non-downloading at panasonic technical help. I have tried downloading with both finalised and unfinalised discs. I am connecting and using the right settings correctly. When I click the "download from digital video camera" button I get the error message " import video could not find a compatable digital video device" Windows media will play the disc after it has been finalised

Sorry, PS, connecting by usb2

Ohnjay,

First off it is better if you post replies to the thread. In that way all the forum members can see what the problem is and offer advice and suggestions. The little envelope is for usually reserved for correspondence between members by invitation. Just open the original thread, go to the bottom of the page, type your response and click on the post response button.

Unfortunately, I am unfamiliar with Vista (I am using XP myself), and also with recording to camcorder on disc, so I don’t think I am going to be much help.

The only suggestion I can make is that you have a look at Ulead’s VideoStudio 10 and see if that is any help.

At least this bumps you up the list and perhaps somebody else will come along with some suggestions.

ß®ÃÐ †H€ LåÐ 10:32 01 Jul 2007

I have a Sony DCR-HC27E Mini DV camcorder and a Windows XP computer that appears to only have old USB ports. Can anyone tell me what hardware/software I need to transfer to my computer and then edit (I have tried copying to DVD but cannot then download this to my computer).
Any help appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?