Unable to connect to text

ponytail 16:15 01 Jan 2016
Answered

I have a Sony KDL-42W653A Television and seem unable to get into the text service when I press the red button on the remote nothing happens and after pressing it for some time I sometimes get the following message. Error while loading the requested page. Please try again shortly I replaced the batteries in the remote but still same result Also when I try to select programs 19 and 18 they keep breaking up I did did a digital program search but still the same everything else is fine.Anyone got any ideas.

Forum Editor 16:33 01 Jan 2016

Transferred to Digital home and Smartphones help from Speakers Corner.

ponytail 16:56 01 Jan 2016

I was not sure where to put this thread.Thank's

lotvic 17:39 01 Jan 2016

Not all digital TV channels support Red Button. Try BBC One, as this is the most consistent provider

ponytail 18:45 01 Jan 2016

I only use it on BBC 1 and 2 We have three other Televisions around the house and have no problem getting the text service on them.Have never got this message before today.

ponytail 21:57 01 Jan 2016

have a Humax PVR-9300T set top box which is connected to the TV.I really only use it to record programs although I can watch programs using it.There is a Text button on it and I can get into the text service using this option.One other thing the two programs that break up are ok if I watch them using the set top box.I have forgotten how to check the strength of the channels which are numbers 52,49,42,44 and 41 does anyone that procedure.

ponytail 22:00 01 Jan 2016

I have just tuned my TV into the humax and gone into signal detecton and the strength reading is 81% and the quality reading is 100%.But not sure how to check these readings using the TV settings

ponytail 09:57 02 Jan 2016

Just found this on Google.. click here have always pressed the red button to access the text service and the yellow to go back but looking at this manual it says to press the text button which is located under the 9 button but nothing happens when I press it.

I

wee eddie 11:07 02 Jan 2016

I thought that they'd closed The Text Service down

Forum Editor 11:11 02 Jan 2016

wee eddie

Ceefax and Teletext were discontinued, but Freeview, Sky Digital, Freesat, BT Vision and Virgin Media all offer a different text service.

wee eddie 13:18 02 Jan 2016

Then, my answer was a bit like "The Curate's egg" ~ "Good in parts". C'est la vie!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?