Ulead VideoStudio 11Plus

myanmarboy 00:04 13 Sep 2007

Please help.
I have upgraded from Ulead VS9 to 11 Plus. I did this by purchasing the download from Corel. I have a few problems that are really doing my head in.
Firstly, I can't find a PDF User Manual for the version 11. The version 9 I installed from a CDRom and a manual appeared with the
installation. Secondly, and I may just be thick here, I don't seem to have or can't find the templates for slide or movie shows. Just one appears in the library where various tutorials show multiple choices.
Can someone please help me or at least point me in the right direction.

holme 11:29 13 Sep 2007

I can't comment specifically about v11+ but I know someone who had exactly the same probs as you when doing a download upgrade from v9 to v10+, i.e. things 'missing' and other things not working.

I believe he totally fixed it by going back to ULead and getting the 'box' version which came with v11+ CDs (not just an upgrade) and a printed manual, both of which solved all probs. Not unreasonably, he was charged for the balance but I recall he said that, for the extra money, it was very well worth it. HTH.

myanmarboy 15:57 13 Sep 2007

Holme
Thank you for your response. I have been in touch with Corel again today (several times) and have hopefully made some progress albeit at the expense of a few more gray hairs. It seems that I had attempted to upgrade from an OEM. It surprised me that Corel's software did not identify this during the "sales" procedure, but never mind. The lady manning the support desk during the morning was new to the job and also did not pick this up. She had me going through numerous install/uninstall, delete this/delete that procedures which moved us on not one inch. Eventually a more experienced lady took over and identified the cause. So now, I have paid the difference and am waiting for a download of the full program. If that does'nt come in complete I shall ask for the CD. And to think I went down this path to save time. Thanks again for your reply - I don't feel as thick as I did last night now. I will close this thread off once I have the download installed and running OK

JYPX 02:07 14 Sep 2007

myanmarboy - The user manual can be downloaded from ulead. click here

holme 09:47 14 Sep 2007

"The user manual can be downloaded from ulead"

This is hearsay but someone recently told us that, although the current version of VideoStudio is 11 Plus, the download manual was still 10 Plus. The printed version is 11 Plus. Dunno if all that's true or, if not, what's missing.

myanmarboy 23:19 14 Sep 2007

holme/JYPX
Thank you for your responses. Yesterday I thought the worst was all over. How Naive.
Today having had no further word from Corel Support, I finally got through to them on the phone at about noon. When I asked where was my download, I was told rather rudely that they had had a lot of orders to process and they would get round to me in time. I was also told that it was OK to upgrade from an OEM and the only reason my download was incomplete was because only 1 of 3 files had been sent and I should not have been asked for the extra £18. The lady did then send me the other 2 files each of which has taken over 3 hours to download. If I ever want software from Corel again, I will buy it on CD Rom. I only opted for the download because I wanted it quickly.
Anyway I think I have it all now and just one other thing remains. I have been advised to burn a backup copy. Can anyone please tell me wich files I burn to disc and in what format? I have Nero Ultra. Thanks in advance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?