Ulead Video Studio can't burn to disc

hastelloy 07:24 18 Sep 2006
Answered

I've just finished a project using Ulead VideoStudio 10+. It takes about 1.5 hours to render, then says writing to disc. I then get a message saying unable to write to disc. I'm using a Freecom external DVD writer and Verbatim x6 DVD-RW. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Geoff

De Marcus™ 20:36 18 Sep 2006

Reduce your burn speed to 1x, double check your pc is running with USB2 enabled, make sure your DVD-RW is fully formatted before commencing the burn process. Then try another disk, not a DVD-RW.

You did save your project to save rendering all over again didn't you?

hastelloy 07:19 19 Sep 2006

Thanks for your response. How do I check that my pc is running with USB enabled please? The DVD-RW was fully formatted. I had used RW rather than R to avoid making coasters!!! I did make a disc image but it seems to render each time unless I have kept the window open.

BRYNIT 08:18 19 Sep 2006

You can not burn to a formated DVD-RW disk. You will have to erase the disk and use it like a write once disk.

BRYNIT 08:20 19 Sep 2006

Forgot to say this will not stop you erasing the disk latter and reusing the disk.

hastelloy 09:01 19 Sep 2006

I didn't know that - thank you.

De Marcus™ 10:52 19 Sep 2006

By formatted I did of course mean erased.

GroupFC 13:19 19 Sep 2006
Answer

Yoy could try having a trawl through the forum at click here, to see if you can get any ideas!

hastelloy 07:42 23 Sep 2006

Many thanks to all - I've learnt a lot from this . The Ulead form is aprticularly useful, though it was this forum that solveed this problem.
Geoff

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?