TV with freeview and DVD Recorder

Malapoa1 16:46 07 Feb 2007

My Panasonic TV with Freeview will only export analogue channels to my DVD recorder. I have tried putting a digital decoder between my aerial and the DVD recorder but without avail. I have been told that this is because the TV is over-riding the digital decoder. Is there any alternative toi buying another TV with two scart sockets to record digital transmissions? Help please.

Miké 20:02 07 Feb 2007

A lot of of Panasonic TV's have a menu option to set what is fed out of the scart/s "monitor/analog/dvb" or something similar anyway.

It's generally better to have a seperate digibox for recording purposes, as it gives you more options for recording though.

Post how many scart sockets your seperate digibox has, and i'll tel you how best to connect it.

Malapoa1 21:45 07 Feb 2007

Thanks for the reply. The digital decoder has two scart sockets. The Panasonic is a TX-32LXD60.

anchor 10:45 08 Feb 2007

The best way would be to contact Panasonic support

telephone 08705 357357

Our opening hours are 9.00 to 17.30 Monday to Thursday, 9.30 to 17.30 Friday (excluding Bank Holidays)

frank615 13:15 10 Feb 2007

I had exactly the same problem. Panasonic support were not much use, although they confirmed it was a problem. I ended up buying a Panasonic DVD recorder, which works. I believe this to be a Panasonic induced problem.

Malapoa1 18:17 10 Feb 2007

Thanks everyone for your help. I tjink that I might well follow Franks advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?