Turntable to play vinyl through computer

johnincrete 04:54 08 Jan 2014
Answered

I see that the sales of vinyl records has increased again. Years ago, when my record player stopped working, I changed to CD's and now to computer files playing through the computer to external speakers.

The question is: Is there a turntable that will connect via USB to he computer?

mole1944 06:44 08 Jan 2014

Yes there is look in Amazon there are plenty to choose from, i digitised my vinyl collection with my turntable attaches to my pc i had to use a pre-amp and it attached to a USB did the recording/cleaning via Magic audio cleaning Lab, Audacity if free so you could use that if you so choose. It was tome consuming to record clean split and name the tracks but well worth the effort not to say the cost saving.

mole1944 04:55 09 Jan 2014

See bets I hate to spend money so if I can save other all the better.

mart7 12:29 09 Jan 2014

Beta some vinyl lps cant be replaced as theyve never been issued on cd,a usb turntable is very handy for that reason but i get your point

mart7 12:34 09 Jan 2014
Answer

jonincrete id recommend the "ion" profile turntable which you can purchase from amazon,my friend has one,very easy to use and v good quality

jimbutterery 15:58 28 Jan 2014

You really need a better quality turntable/ cartridge than the Ion to get enjoyable results, any imformation the turntable looses can never be recovered by the PC, so a decent deck is vital - I went for the USB output option on a Project Debut Carbon turntable which comes pre-fitted with a good quality Ortofon 2M red cartridge. The results were well worth the effort and slkightly extra cost.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?