Travel keyboard for an 8" tablet

rock_face 22:27 25 Oct 2015

Hi, I'm looking for recommendations for an 8" tablet.

In my mind the solution I want is a case for my tablet which has a detachable keyboard - so I can remove it when not required - or is a separate keyboard solution that I can connect to my tablet when desired.

Whatever the solution, as it is for travel it must be compact and light. Some of the smaller keyboards do not have a mousepad - I wonder how much you'd miss a mousepad?

Can anyone provide any recommendations for my system?

Thanks.

spuds 09:37 26 Oct 2015

Have you had a look on Amazon or eBay. That's where I got my tablet keyboard and wallet/case from.

rock_face 09:40 28 Oct 2015

i was looking at one of these:

click here like this but can't find one anywhere:

click here

I

spuds 10:16 28 Oct 2015
  I am Spartacus 13:35 28 Oct 2015

I use a Sandstrom SKBBT14 Keyboard. A bit pricey at £25 but has decent key travel and is good to type on. Readily available from most Currys Stores

AroundAgain 17:33 28 Oct 2015

I have an HP TouchPad Wireless Keyboard to use with my tablet and have found it to be extremely good, light and reliable. The two AA batteries last a long time, especially as you can switch it off when not using. Cost £24.99 at Amazon.

As a touch-typist, I like the keyboard for typing - it's not too small nor squashed up. Why it has 'TouchPad' in the name of it, I don't know as it doesn't have a touch pad. I use a B/T mouse with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017