transfer data from sony to motorola

el jimbo2 20:31 20 May 2014

Hi,

My old sony xperia st25i died, but i had backed it up the day before. I bought a new motorola G, but cannot 'restore' from sony pc companion on my pc. Both run Android. My old sony is dead.

rudrapratap 08:08 21 May 2014

You can restore you mobile contacts without any problem. Android made the backup of contact file in .vcf extension. So just put the memory card into your Motorola phone and from Contacts select Import/Export. Then select Import From SD Card and select the particular contact file (e.g. 001.vcf). It will import all the contact you backed up from your Sony mobile. But we can't restore the other data from your Sony. But you can try one option. Try to restore the backup through Titanium Backup. It is an Android app which is used for backup/restore. It might help you.

el jimbo2 23:36 21 May 2014

Thanks.

The sony had no memory card.

The backup was on sony pc companion on my desktop, not directly on to my computer back up.

rudrapratap 14:18 22 May 2014

Dear as the mobile you have mentioned is an Android mobile, it will be obvious that your mobile makes a backup of your contacts on your Gmail id. So, I will prefer to synchronize your Motorola with that gmail id and all your contacts will be restored into your mobile.

el jimbo2 21:50 22 May 2014

Hi.

Thanks, I didn't know that. But how do I do it ?

oloiulll 08:41 26 May 2014

To transfer data between Androids is very easy just with the help of a sofware, however, now you need recover your Sony data first.

oloiulll 08:43 26 May 2014

Try something like vibosoft Android SMS+Contacts Recovery.

rudrapratap 10:28 27 May 2014

Dear, to restore your contacts at Gmail you have to go to Setting. In setting select Accounts. There you have to add your gmail ID which you were using in your old mobile phone. Then select the synchronize All option. It will automatically connect your mobile with internet and all the contacts will be added in your contact list. Hope this might help you !

el jimbo2 20:37 28 May 2014

rud,

I find this stuff so frustrating.

I have gone to gmail-settings-accounts and imports, and nowhere is there anything for putting in a gmail id.

And what is my gmail id?

Also my contacts on gmail are nowhere near the number of contacts on my previous phone.

olo,

My old phone is frozen.Simply does not react.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?