TopUpTV PVR box

Stuartli 21:43 30 Aug 2006

There doesn't appear to have been any comments about the forthcoming TopUpTV PVR and a claimed up to 100 additional programmes in this forum (unless I've missed it).

See:

click here

I've always thought TopUpTV somewhat expensive for a somewhat disjointed programmes presentation (its lack of channels on Freeview means that stations are not shown all the time, only in time blocks).

Anyone any thoughts?

pj123 18:41 31 Aug 2006

But will you get any better TV than the rubbish that is already there?

I have a motorised satellite system which I can scan 18 satellites giving me around 3000 TV channels. None of them are any better than the 5 Terrestrial channels that I get on my standard analogue aerial.

Stuartli 00:13 01 Sep 2006

Absolutely agree - much of the digital output seems to be repeats of programmes from many years ago.

Mind you it was always said that those who complained most about repeats when we didn't have digital and satellite coverage to the same extent were those who watched TV all day, every day.

I used to regard many repeats as a bonus as, more often than not, you'd watch one programme, record another and then moan about the third excellent show being transmitted at the same time...-

pj123 11:30 01 Sep 2006

Have to say, I don't have Sky TV and all the channels I get are "free to air". I speak German so I tend to watch some of the German channels and my partner speaks French so she watches the French channels.

I have a Freeview box as well but most of the channels can also be viewed on Astra 2.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?